Table of Contents
- 1 Is Impetus an adjective?
- 2 What is the verb for impetus?
- 3 What is an example of an impetus?
- 4 Is impetuousness a word?
- 5 What does Impous mean?
- 6 What is the meaning impulsion?
- 7 How do you use retrogress in a sentence?
- 8 What is a indecisiveness?
- 9 What is an example sentence for impetus?
- 10 What is the plural form of “impetus”?
- 11 What is the opposite of impetus?
Is Impetus an adjective?
having great impetus; moving with great force; violent: the impetuous winds.
What is the verb for impetus?
impel. (transitive) To urge a person; to press on; to incite to action or motion via intrinsic motivation (contrast with propel, to compel or drive extrinsically).
How do you use the word impetus?
Impetus in a Sentence 🔉
- The high crime rate was the impetus for the hiring of one hundred new police officers in our city.
- Because the new president was once a military commander, he has a great deal of experience being an impetus for change.
What is an example of an impetus?
The definition of impetus is the force that makes something happen or that makes a body move. If someone calls you stupid and this prompts you to go back to college, this comment was an example of the impetus you needed to go back to college.
Is impetuousness a word?
Having or marked by violent force: impetuous, heaving waves.
What does Impectious mean?
: acting or done quickly and without thought : impulsive an impetuous decision. More from Merriam-Webster on impetuous.
What does Impous mean?
: not pious : lacking in reverence or proper respect (as for God or one’s parents) : irreverent.
What is the meaning impulsion?
the act of impelling, driving onward, or pushing. the resulting state or effect; impulse; impetus. the inciting influence of some feeling or motive; mental impulse. a constraining or inciting action exerted on the mind or conduct: divine impulsion.
What is impetus in the Bible?
1a(1) : a driving force : impulse.
How do you use retrogress in a sentence?
Retrogress in a Sentence 🔉
- When Glenn became a millionaire, he swore he would never retrogress to a life of poverty.
- The people were worried their inept legislators would ruin the economy by causing it to retrogress to a monetary depression.
What is a indecisiveness?
Definition of indecisive 1 : marked by or prone to indecision : irresolute an indecisive state of mind. 2 : not decisive : inconclusive an indecisive battle. 3 : not clearly marked out : indefinite.
Is egocentricity a word?
the state of being self-centered; greater concern about the self than others to an excessive degree. — egocentric, n., adj. -Ologies & -Isms.
What is an example sentence for impetus?
Example Sentences: The large reward is an impetus which should send many calls to the police station. Do you think the new treaty will give impetus to trade? The killing of the unarmed man was the impetus for an investigation of the local police force.
What is the plural form of “impetus”?
The plural form of impetus is impetuses.
What is another word for given impetus?
Synonyms for given impetus include inspired, encouraged, caused, motivated, stimulated, influenced, moved, roused, animated and persuaded. Find more similar words at
What is the opposite of impetus?
There are also numerous different words that mean the opposite of the word impetus. These are called antonyms. Antonyms are another great tool to use to expand your English language vocabulary. This list of antonyms for the word impetus is provided by Thesaurus as well. difficulty; stoppage; check; drawback; retardment; blank wall; block; barrier; chunk; encumbrance; clog