Table of Contents
What is a fuel pump cutoff switch?
The fuel pump shut off switch is designed to disengage the power to the fuel pump when a vehicle comes to an instant stop. The fuel cut-off switch is a safety reset switch which starts the fuel pump and allows gas flow to the engine.
Is there a way to test a fuel pump?
Performing a static fuel pressure test is pretty straightforward. Simply connect the gauge as outlined in your repair manual. Checking fuel pressure and/or volume will tell you whether or not enough fuel is making it from the tank to the engine. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the pump is bad.
How do you test a fuel pump on a car?
How To Test A Fuel Pump Out Of The Car
- Step 1: Locate the fuel pump. The pump will be located in the fuel tank.
- Step 2: Determine whether the pump is on or off. Place your ear near the fuel pump and then ask someone to turn on the car keys.
- Step 3: Check the amperage.
- Step 4: Read voltage.
How do I reset my fuel cut off switch?
How to Reset a Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Locate your car’s inertial trigger or airbag control module.
- Push the button on the inertial switch; it should be clearly marked as the fuel pump reset, and may be in a contrasting color to the case.
How do I reset my fuel switch?
Turn the ignition switch OFF. Ensure that there is no fuel leaking in the engine compartment, along any of the lines or at the tank. There should be no odor of fuel as well. If no leakage and/or odor is apparent, reset the switch by pushing the reset button on the top of the switch.
Is there a fuel shut off switch?
Once the vehicle determines the systems are safe, then the vehicle allows you to restart. The fuel pump shut-off switch is located behind an access panel on the right side of the luggage compartment. The fuel pump shut-off switch has a red reset button on top of it.