Table of Contents
Where is the fuel pump relay switch located?
In most car models, the fuel pump relay is located in a fuse box somewhere under your dashboard, but it can also be located in the fuse box in the engine bay. The engine’s or the dashboard fuse box is usually a long black box containing a fuel pump relay and various other fuses and relays.
Where is the fuel pump starter relay?
The fuel pump relay is an electronic component that is found on virtually all vehicles equipped with an internal combustion engine. It is often found in the fuse box located in the engine bay and functions as the primary electronic switch that controls power to the fuel pump.
Where is the fuel pump control module located?
The fuel pump control module is located behind the trim of the right side of the trunk area, or behind the right rear seat.
How do I know if its the fuel pump or relay?
How to test a fuel pump relay
- Park the car in safe and level ground.
- Step 2: Turn the ignition key in the ON position but don’t start the car.
- Step 3: Raise the hood and locate the fuel pump relay.
- Step 4: The fuel pump relay will emit a clicking or buzzing sound when turning the key in the ON position.
Where is the relay switch located?
It can be in the fuse box (also called a power box), the fuse panel under the dash, or on the right fender. Most cars will have it located under the hood, inside the long box with a black cover. Often called the fuse box, this is where a vehicle’s fuses and relays are mounted.
How do you reset a fuel pump control module?
How to Reset a Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Locate your car’s inertial trigger or airbag control module.
- Push the button on the inertial switch; it should be clearly marked as the fuel pump reset, and may be in a contrasting color to the case.
How do I know if my fuel pump control module is bad?
I’ve found some of the most common signs to be:
- Engine won’t start. Your engine won’t run without fuel.
- Difficulty starting.
- Poor performance.
- Check engine light.
- Abnormal noise.
- Restricted fuel filter.
- Dirt and debris.
Where is the fuel pump fuse located?
In most cases, the fuse box under the hood will contain both the fuel pump fuse and relay. Common locations for fuse boxes include: Under hood. Side of dashboard.
What are the symptoms of a bad fuel pump relay?
How to tell if fuel pump relay is bad (6 Signs)
- Check Engine Light (CEL) Illuminated. In most cases, the primary symptom is a check engine light.
- High Mileage.
- Long Starting Time.
- Engine Performance Issues – Stalling, Idling, Acceleration, Not Starting.
- Car dies while driving.
- Silent Fuel Pump Noise.
On some vehicle models, this will be located in the luggage compartment. Look on a side panel for a small, round button which you can pry off with a small screwdriver. Through this access hole you will be able to see the reset button on top of the inertia switch.
Which relay in the fuse box is the fuel pump relay?
The fuel pump relay is usually located in the vehicle’s long black box with the other relays and fuses. The location can be different, however, in some other cars.